PremierBall finally caught up with the Allen twins, Malcolm & Marcus Allen.
Malcolm & Marcus Allen have both excelled athletically and academically at Las Vegas Centennial High School.
The Allen twins have made a name for themselves on the national recruiting scene based on a spectacular spring/ summer aau tour with the Compton Magic traveling team.
Both the Allen brothers are recieving national recruiting attention from top collegiate basketball programs along with several top IVY schools all across the country.
Much of the Allen twins’ success can be directly correlated with strong athletic and academics roots from both their parents Dr. Trina Wiggins and Dr. Carl Allen both of whom are successful doctors in Southern Nevada.
The Allen twins recruiting was definitely under the radar just a year ago and with a fantastic spring and summer they have blown up on the national recruiting scene with dozens of college coaches trying hard to land the dynamic dual backcourt.
Mama Allen has stated, “The boys would like to share their college experience together on the same campus.”
Currently Malcolm and Marcus will take their 1st two visits to Rice and Harvard. The next three will still be in discussion.
The Allen twins will make a decision in the early signing period this upcoming Fall.
Here is what the Allen twins had to say to PremierBall.
1. What position do you see yourself playing in college?
Marcus Allen: Combo guard
Malcolm Allen: Point guard
2. What is your official height & weight?
Marcus Allen: 6-3, 180 lbs.
Malcolm Allen: 6-1, 170 lbs.
3. Do you feel like your game is getting enough recognition from the coaches, scouts and media?
Marcus Allen: I feel that now the attention is picking up, compared to the early spring.
Malcolm Allen: It is challenging to get recognition if you are at an unknown school for basketball and you do not know the right people.
4. When you think of college basketball, what are the first five schools that come to mind?
Marcus Allen: Duke, North Carolina, UCLA, University of Connecticut, and Syracuse.
Malcolm Allen: Since academics are very important in our household, we are looking at private universities in the Newsweek Top 25 rankings of colleges: Rice University, Harvard University, Yale University, Stanford University and Columbia University.
5. Can you name off all the universities that have offered you scholarships?
Marcus Allen: Santa Clara, Drake, air force, cal poly, Colorado, Columbia, Dartmouth, Gonzaga, NAU, rice, USD, USF, st Louis, Wyoming, Utah, cal, Yale, Fresno St. and Harvard. With Stanford offering a split scholarship to both of us.
Malcolm Allen: Santa Clara, Drake, air force, cal poly, Columbia, Dartmouth, Gonzaga, NAU, rice, USD, USF, st Louis, Wyoming, Yale, Fresno St. and Harvard. With Stanford offering a split scholarship to both of us.
6. Have you been on any unofficial visits or plan on in the near future? If so, with who?
Marcus Allen: Unofficial visits: Santa Clara University, University of San Francisco, USC and Rice University at the end of the month. We are visiting Harvard next month September 13-16.
Malcolm Allen: We have taken unofficial visits to Santa Clara University, University of San Francisco, University of San Diego, and Rice University at the end of the month. We plan to take visits to Harvard September 13-16, Yale, Columbia, and Stanford.
7. Describe your game for coaches and fans that have not seen you up close and what are some of the differences between your brothers’ game?
Marcus Allen: Finishing at the basket with contact, pull up jumper; strong defender.
Malcolm Allen: I have a very upbeat and explosive game style. I’m very unselfish. The main difference between my brother and I is that he is more powerful and I am more finesse.
8. How was your junior year at Las Vegas Centennial HS last year? Did you meet all your personal goals?
Marcus Allen: Junior year went well. I wish we could have advanced further in the play-offs. From a personal standpoint, I met the majority of my personal goals by achieving all-state recognition both academically and athletically.
Malcolm Allen: My junior year went very well at Centennial High School last year and I accomplished most of my personal goals, which were making all-region and all-division.
9. What makes you different than most of your high school peers on the court? What makes you special?
Marcus Allen: I feel that I have a good work ethic and I always want to improve some aspect of my game.
Malcolm Allen: The main thing that makes me different from my high school peers on the court is my basketball IQ and hustle. The thing that makes me special is my ability to keep going in the 4th quarter.
10. Do you care about playing on a particular side of the country? North, south, east and west?
Marcus Allen : Location does not matter.
Malcolm Allen: Location is not an issue.
11. What is your current GPA and SAT score?
Marcus Allen: 4.8 GPA and Composite SAT score of 1930
Malcolm Allen: GPA: 4.8 and SAT score: 1970
12. Name the schools that are recruiting you the hardest.
Marcus Allen: Santa Clara University, Drake University, Harvard University, Rice University, NAU, Columbia University of San Diego, and Yale University.
Malcolm Allen: Santa Clara University, Drake University, Harvard University, Rice University, NAU, Columbia, University of San Diego and Yale University.
13. Give us the break down on what your goals are off the court?
Marcus Allen: My off the court goals is to obtain a meaningful degree and attend graduate school.
Malcolm Allen: My goal is to go to graduate school with a possible interest in becoming an orthopedic surgeon.
14. What type of playing style are you comfortable with?
Marcus Allen: Playing style: up-tempo pace and pressure defense
Malcolm Allen: Playing style: I like to push the ball up the court. My goal is to get my teammates involved and I like an up-tempo game.
15. What AAU team are you playing for this spring/ summer?
Marcus Allen: The Magic- AZ ( The Compton Magic)
Malcolm Allen: The Magic –AZ
16. What part of your game do you feel you need to improve on the most?
Marcus Allen: Improvements in my game: extending my range and increasing my strength.
Malcolm Allen: The ability to slow the game down and get into a half court set.
17. Do you have a Facebook or a Twitter that you would like to share with us?
Marcus Allen: @MarcusAllenCHS
Malcolm Allen: @MalcolmAllenCHS
18. What coaches have impressed your parents over the phone and in person and why?
Marcus Allen: Coach Keating, Coach Braun, Coach Amaker, Coach Murphy, and Coach Stan Johnson. These coaches have formed relationships with my parents over the past several months.
Malcolm Allen: Coach Keating, Braun, Amaker, Murphy, and Johnson (Drake University) These coaches have formed good relationships over the past several months.
19. Share with us your best game of the year either high school or AAU.
Marcus Allen: Last week, our AAU team defeated Belmont Shore’s Elite Team in Sweet Sixteen Tournament.
Malcolm Allen: Last week, our AAU team defeated Belmont Shore’s Elite Team at the Sweet Sixteen Tournament.
20. Who are some of the mentors that got you to where you are at right now?
Marcus Allen: Parents, grandmother, Coach Sam Smith and Coach Rob Smith
Malcolm Allen: My mother, father, grandmother, Coach Rob Smith and Coach Sam Smith.
21. How hard do you work on your game? How much time do you put in?
Marcus Allen: I work very hard on my game. I put in minimum of 2 ½ hours per day of actual drill work along with strength and conditioning.
Malcolm Allen: I work on my game about 14 to 16 hours per week, which consist of strength and conditioning along with on the court drills/skills. Goals off the court: to receive a undergraduate and graduate degree.
22. When did you first pick up a basketball?
Marcus Allen: First picked up a basketball during the 2nd grade.
Malcolm Allen: I started playing basketball in the 2nd grade.
23. What are your short term goals as a basketball player?
Marcus Allen: Short term goals: to advance very far in the playoffs with my high school team. To continue improving my game and getting stronger.
Malcolm Allen: Short Term Goals: to increase my strength, conditioning, agility, and jumping ability.
24. What are some of your long term goals as a basketball player?
Marcus Allen: To earn significant minutes in college and to have the opportunity to play in several NCAA tournaments.
Malcolm Allen: Long Term Goals: to earn significant minutes in college along with having the opportunity to compete in multiple NCAA tournaments.
25. Are the both of you 100% sure about playing hoops at the same college?
Marcus Allen: As of now, we are committed to playing together.
Malcolm Allen: We are committed to playing together in college.
26. Are you Nike or adidas, what’s your favorite?
Marcus Allen: adidas
Malcolm Allen: I like both Nike and adidas.
27. What gets your game rocking and on point?
Marcus Allen: Easy points in transition.
Malcolm Allen: Pressure defense resulting in turnovers.
28. We forget to ask which twin is older and by how much?
Allen twins: Malcolm is older by 2 minutes.
29. Give your family, friends and fans shout-outs on Premierball.com.
Marcus Allen: Shout out to the Dog Pound at Centennial HS, Mom and Dad and all my family and supporters!
Malcolm Allen: Shout out to all my family, my twin brother Marcus, the Dawg Pound, and all my coaches that have helped me along the way