Premierball caught up with one of the most versatile players in the country regardless of class. 2012, six-foot-8, PG, Kyle Anderson from St. Anthony, New Jersey. Anderson is a smooth big Point that knows how to make his teammates better. Anderson court vision and passing skills are on display in the clip below. Here is what Anderson had to say to Premierball during after his recent visit at Xavier.
1. Kyle, what nickname do you go by and why?
Slow Motion and I got the nickname from the slow paced game that I play on the court.
2. How is your unofficial at Xavier going? Are they on your top five list?
Xavier was great this past weekend. I do not have an official top 5 list but I really enjoyed Xavier.
3. You had a big summer this year and allot of publications seem to be confused as what your natural position will be on the next level. Can you clarify to us what position or positions you feel comfortable playing on the next level?
I feel I’ve been a PG my whole life so I still see myself as a point guard. That’s what I want to play at the next level.
4. Can you share with us your 40 point explosion in the Nike IS8 league and talk about how talented the league is?
The 45 point game at IS8 was crazy. I didn’t realize I had that many points until I was told since I didn’t play the 1st quarter so 45 never crossed my mind.
5. Name the first five schools in your head when you think of college basketball.
North Carolina, Georgetown, UCLA, Kentucky and Duke.
6. Kyle you have been a top prospect since elementary/ middle school are you comfortable being in the spot light and how do you handle hungry players trying to make a rep off you?
Well I’m used to it by now and I’ve come across a lot of players who try to make a name off me. I try to bring it every time so that isn’t a factor to me.
7. Talk to us about your recruiting again, what visits do you have scheduled?
I’m going to take my last unofficial visit for the season to UCLA the weekend of November 12th – 14th.
8. When your playing a game what gets your blood flowing? A big dunk, nice assist, someone calling you out…etc?
What gets my blood flowing is a bit of trash talk from my opponent. LOL! That always gets me all juiced up. Sometimes I catch myself verbally looking for trouble in games than I try my hardest to catch myself. I do it subconsciously though.
9. What are your goals for this upcoming High school year?
My goals for high school is for St. Anthony to win the New Jersey Tournament of Champions! That will be huge. Also, individually, I would love to win New Jersey Mr Basketball Player of the Year which is another great accomplishment!
10. Can you give shout outs to a few of your folks that have played a part in your development as an elite student athlete and thanks for letting Premierball.com get a up close interview with you.
Shoutout to all of my family from my parents to my siblings! Shoutout to my Grandparents down in Palm Coast Florida and my cousins also down there too. Shoutout to my aunt and uncles from South Jersey that always show unconditional support. I really appreciate it. Shoutout to all my friends too. That’s all they ever ask for is shoutouts. Shoutout to Premierball.com for a great highlight tape. They helped me out this summer and I really appreciate it and thank you for this interview. And last but not least shoutout to Jersey! Always!